Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Boy, are your hands full!


I don't know how many times I've heard that -- especially in the last year -- from some amazed person in the grocery store. My usual reply is a smile and nod, or "Yes, yes they are!" or often "Happily so!" It's sort of an obvious remark to say to a mom who's cruising the store with four kids under 6. And yes, my hands are very full.

But as I think about that statement, it brings to mind another connotation. Like scooping up a double handful of water to drink, I want to be daily drinking deeply of the Living Water. I need the Holy Spirit to equip and empower me. I can't do this life WITHOUT my hands full!

So that's why I chose to rename my blog "Hands Full" -- not only does it describe me to a T, it's also a reminder to me, and to others, that we should always have our hands full of Living Water!

1 comment:

Handsfullmom said...

Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading your blog tonight. I did a search to see if anyone else had a blog using the words "hands full" and yours came up -- I have twins too, but mine are four now.

You seem like you're doing a great job with those four little ones!