Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer days are here again!

Unlike some moms, I celebrate when I have my son home for the summer. Although I do get a little more in the "I'm bored" or "She's bugging me" department, I enjoy not having to bundle everyone into the car or stroller to rush Liam to school and back every day.

But it's more than just the practical aspects of summertime. I'm looking forward to enjoying time with my son -- playing with him, teaching him, getting to know him, investing in his life, filling him up with love. I can tell how much it means to him when I see his face light up.

Obviously it won't be entirely easy. I'm going to have to rearrange my routine to fit everyone. I'll have to take an extra body with me everywhere I go -- what's one more? I'm going to have to deal with a lot more playtime politics, too. But all in all, I wouldn't trade this precious time with my son for anything.

No comments: